March 20 is the application deadline for the 2014-2015 Awards and Certificates of Merit. March 27 is the deadline for the Award of Merit Teacher Honor Roll.
These awards are given annually by the LSU Chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta to recognize the contributions of Gamma Sigma Delta member faculty, staff and alumni for excellence in agriculture. The awards are:
- Distinguished Achievement in Agriculture Award of Merit
- Teaching Certificate of Merit
- Research Certificate of Merit
- Extension Certificate of Merit
- Teaching Outside of Agriculture Certificate of Merit
- Alumni Certificate of Merit
- Award of Merit Teacher Honor Roll
The Distinguished Achievement in Agriculture Award of Merit will be awarded to an active Gamma Sigma Delta member who has made an outstanding contribution, either directly or indirectly, to agriculture in the last five years in the form of teaching, research, extension, or other distinguished service. Such distinguished achievement may be in any field related to agriculture.
Graduate student awards are given to master's degree and doctoral degree students. The Outstanding Master's Student award will be given to a master's degree student who has excelled in course work and other professional and research activities. The Outstanding Ph.D. Student award will be given to a doctoral student who has excelled in coursework and other professional and research activities.
The application package must include:
- Letter of nomination by a Gamma Sigma Delta member that includes specific examples of contributions to agriculture or related fields.
- Two letters of support from colleagues or students.
- LSU or LSU AgCenter promotion and tenure vita for faculty members or a resume/vita in any format that includes:
- Name and title,
- Degrees held (major, institution and date),
- Professional experience,
- Leadership and participation in professional societies,
- Current professional responsibilities: research, teaching and/or extension,
- Awards, achievements and appointments of honor, as well as
- Contributions to agriculture .
Submit application package by email as one .pdf file no later than March 20 to Dr. Steven G. Hall, president, LSU Chapter of the Honor Society of Gamma Sigma Delta. Please read the attached documents for more information.