We are so excited that you are considering a major in the LSU College of Agriculture! The College of Ag, established over 100 years ago, boasts 9 majors with over 40 concentrations. All programs within the College provide an interdisciplinary educational experience that is built on the latest advances in science and technology.
Please review this information for incoming freshmen so that you can make the transition from high school to college a bit smoother:
- Apply early!
- November 15th is the priority deadline for full consideration for University scholarships. The College of Agriculture begins emailing information regarding scholarships in early December. Visit our scholarship page for more information.
- Sign up for orientation as soon as possible!
- orientation is where you will take advanced standing exams to earn college credit, learn more about the programs and services available at LSU, and schedule your classes. Visit theorientation website for more information.
- Click here to view the 2012 College of Ag freshman orientation powerpoint
- Sign up for housing!
- if you plan to live on campus (freshmen are highly encouraged, but not required to live on campus), you may apply as soon as you are accepted to LSU. Housing fills up quickly, and it is recommended to apply 8-12 months in advance to secure your first choice for housing. Visit the Residential Life website for more information.
- if you do choose a major in the College of Agriculture, the Agriculture Residential College, located in Blake Hall, is an excellent choice for housing. Read more here.
- Learn more about your intended major!
- Want to get an idea of the types of courses you will be taking? View the College of Agriculture section of the LSU General Catalog.