LSU AgCenter Forage Quality Laboratory Resumes Analysis Services July 1, 2021
As of July 1, 2021, the LSU AgCenter Forage Testing Laboratory will resume analysis service.
Further information will be posted here as it becomes available.
If you have any questions regarding the analysis service or its resumption, please contact Dr. Kun-Jun Han.
About our services
The LSU AgCenter Forage Testing Lab aims to support the local beef and dairy production and wildlife management through timely and accurate analysis of forage nutritional value. We serve forage growers, cow-calf operations, and various LSU AgCenter Forage programs.
- Routine analysis package: Dry matter, acid detergent fiber, crude protein, neutral detergent fiber, and digestibility determined by Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (using the National NIRS consortium calibration model). This package will serve most clients’ needs.
- Additional analyses: May be purchased separately or in addition to the routine analysis package. These analyses are completed through chemical analysis, and generally desired for research samples.
- Routine analysis package: $15
- Additional analyses:
- Silage pH: $3
- Acid detergent fiber: $8
- Acid detergent fiber + acid detergent lignin: $10
- Acid detergent insoluble nitrogen: $8
- In vitro true digestibility: $18
- Consultation with the LSU AgCenter Forage Extension Program: No Charge with purchase of analysis.