Demo Day is a great way for 4-H'ers to practice their speaking skills or to show off their creativity by participating in the Exhibit and Poster Contests. Demo Day for 2020 will take place on Friday, January 17th in the Lamar Dixon Vendor Rooms. Registration will be at 8:30am with the judging starting at 9:00am. If your child is participating in the poster or exhibit category and cannot make it to Demo Day. Items can be dropped off the week of the event at the 4-H office. Please be sure all items are labeled on the back with the 4-H'ers name, school, age, and address. 4-Hers can only enter 1 item per each exhibit category. A list of contests are below. Please contact the Ascension LSU AgCenter Office, 225-621-5799, for contest rules.
The list of events that will be conducted at Demo Day are as follows:
- Public Speaking
- Career Interview Preparation
- Dress Review Garment Judging
- Ready to Wear Garment Judging and Contest
- Exhibits (Can be submitted to the Extension Office prior to Demo Day.)
- Arts & Crafts (Accessories, Jewelry, Paper, Plastic, recycled, wood, other)
- Photography (5x7 framed prints in the sub-categories of Animals, Nature, People) (4-Hers can enter 1 in each sub category)
- Recycled Art (Create art using used items only)
- Posters (Sub Categories are Beef, Dairy, or 4-H Themed) (Beef & Dairy 1st place posters will be sent to the state contest) 4-Hers can enter 1 poster in each Sub-Category
- Sewing (Non-Wearable Only)
- Project Exhibit– Educational display board about your 4-H project area.
- General & Food Demonstrations
- Commodity Ambassador Illustrated Talks- Winners may be selected for state competition.
- *New Contest* Beekeepers Essay- 2020 Topic TBA- Top essays may be sent on to the National 4-H Beekeeping Essay Competition where cash prizes up to $750 will be awarded for winners.