During the week of June 18-21, 2019, 44 middle school and senior high 4-H members from Lafourche Parish competed in 4-H University at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA. These 4-H’ers brought home 6 state winners, 10 first alternates and 22 blue ribbons.
Lafourche Parish winners are:
- Consumer Decision Making - Laurel Chiasson and Jillian Galiano, State Winners, South Lafourche High School and Alyssa Guidry, Joel Martin and Bailey Terrebonne, blue ribbon team, South Lafourche High School
- Dairy Cattle Judging - Sophie Benoit, Morgan Jennings (blue ribbon individual) and Dani Percle, 1st Alternate, Thibodaux High
- Diesel Operations - Riley Duet, Blue Ribbon, Val Charter
- Dog and Cat Science - Alaina Lyons and Hilari Theriot, blue ribbon winners, Bayou Blue Middle
- Fishing Sports - Riley Albert (blue ribbon individual) and Seth Montgomery (state high individual), E. D. White, and Miles Smith (blue ribbon individual), Central Lafourche, State Winners and Jonah Chiquet, blue ribbon individual, Lockport Middle