It's time to get ready for the 2011 Regional Rabbit Show! Please read the information below carefully. The entry form available on the link below must be submitted on the day of the show. No pre-registration.
November 21, 2011, at the Agriculture Building in Raceland, La.
Rabbit registration -- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Registration line will close at 9:00 a.m. No one will be allowed to enter the line and register after 9:00 a.m.
Rabbit Grooming and Handling Clinic -- 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Judging will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
Rabbit Show Entry Rules
1. Youth who were bonafide Louisiana 4-H and FFA members within 30 days of the show may enter.
2. There will be a $2 entry fee per rabbit exhibited.
3. All rabbits must be checked in no later than 9:00 a.m. on the day of show. Animal check-in will begin at 8 a.m. Judging will begin at 10:30 a.m.
4. This will be a one-day carrying cage show. Exhibitors must use a leak proof cage. Judging will follow the ARBA Standard of Perfection.
5. Youth can exhibit more than one entry per class. A Meat Pen Class will also be judged
6. Youth must exhibit their own rabbits. Youth will have to be excused by the superintendent before another youth can show for him/her.
7. All entries should be permanently and legibly earmarked in the left ear.
8. Youth must have their rabbit (s) ready for showing when the class is called. If an exhibitor is not at the judging table after the third call, the rabbit(s) will be disqualified from exhibition.
9. Exhibitors should participate in any educational activities that may be provided.
10. All sick rabbits will be removed from the show area.
11. All judges’ decisions will be final.
12. Exhibitors and other persons not adhering to the show rules or practicing unsportsmanlike behavior will be asked to leave the show barn; in this case, such exhibitors will be barred from competition and receipt of awards.
Rabbit Show Classes and Awards
Each breed in which at least six entries are entered will be judged separately. All others will be entered in Any Other Pure Breed Classes. For a list of classes, please refer to the ARBA Standard of Perfection or contact your local, 4-H agent. Colors/varieties within breeds will be judged separately in breeds where there are enough entries. Each breed will have a Best of Breed and Best Opposite. Best in Show and Best Meat Pen will also be awarded. Ribbons or rosettes will be awarded to all exhibitors. Meat Pen Exhibitors will receive a rosette.
Classes of does and bucks will be judged using the following age classes: Junior Rabbits, 4-6 months old; Intermediate Rabbits, 6-8 months old; Senior Rabbits, more than 8 months old. Breeds without intermediate classes should be entered as seniors. In each class, the top three rabbits will be placed. All other exhibitors will receive participation ribbons.
Meat Pen Rules
1. Shall consist of three rabbits not more than 70 days of age with each rabbit not less than three pounds and not more than five pounds.
2. Shall consist of the same breed and variety/color. All recognized meat type breeds will be accepted, excluding lops.
3. Each exhibitor must show their own pen; one assistant will be allowed at the show table. No adults will be accepted as assistants.
4. Exhibitors must own doe at time of kindling or purchase doe and liter 30 days prior to show.
5. There will be a $1 entry fee per meat pen.