- No dishes will be entered with this contest.
- Each 4-H’er may enter a maximum of two (2) posters at the area contest, but only one (1) per commodity. Each commodity will have a Junior Division (Grades 4-6) and Senior Division (Grades 7-12).
- Posters should be on 22” x 28” sheet of any color poster paper.
- All posters must contain at least one 4-H clover (at least 3” x 3”) prominently placed on the poster.
- Each poster should contain nutritional value of the commodity and a recipe using the appropriate amount of the commodity as listed. The recipe should be handwritten or typed on the recipe form included with this packet.
- 4-H’ers name, grade, school and parish must be placed on the back of the poster in the upper left corner.
- No items attached to the poster should be more than ¼ inch thick.
Awards: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and Blue, Red and White Ribbon groups will be given in each category. Monetary awards will also be given for the top three places: 1st place $30, 2nd place $20, 3rd place $10.
- Rice – Recipe must contain at least one cup of uncooked rice or two cups of cooked rice (white or brown rice). If contestant is using rice bran instead of rice, the recipe must contain at least ¼ cup of rice bran. Wild rice is acceptable as long as there are two cups of cooked white or brown rice also included in the recipe.
- Pecan – Recipe must contain at least one cup of pecans. Any type pecan recipe may be entered.
- Sweet Potato – Any type sweet potato recipe may be entered. Recipe must contain a minimum of one cup of fresh, canned, or frozen sweet potatoes.
- Egg – Recipe must utilize a minimum of four (4) eggs. This can be four whites, four yolks or four whole eggs. The recipe with four eggs must make only one standard size dish. For example, a recipe with four eggs that makes two pies of standard size will not qualify. Any type egg recipe may be entered.
- Chicken – Recipe must contain a minimum of two (2) pounds bone-in or one (1) pound deboned chicken meat. Any type chicken recipe may be entered.
- Beef – The recipe must contain a minimum of one (1) pound of beef. Any type beef recipe may be entered.
Due March 22nd to the 4-H Office!