Volunteers are the heartbeat of St. James Parish 4-H. There are many roles and positions that provide important functions to help make 4-H programming happen! All volunteers must be registered and trained by the parish 4-H office. To learn more positions please see below:
- Club Leaders- Club leaders organize and hold 4-H meetings with their members. They work directly with youth on club educational programs and projects and are responsible for member registrations and dues. Club leaders may also have their own volunteers.
- Club Helpers- Club helpers go to club meetings and assist club leaders and members with their duties.
- Episodic Volunteers- Episodic volunteers help out occasionally. They may be needed for a large parish event, fundraiser, or field trip.
- Project Leaders- A project leader is someone who has a specific skill set and aids club members in the completion of their project related to their skill set. Examples include fashion and sewing, woodworking, and more.
- Overnight Chaperone- All volunteers spending the night for any 4-H event that includes youth must be background checked, trained, and approved well in advance of the event. To become and Overnight Chaperone, please contact the Jefferson Parish 4-H Agent.
As a volunteer, you are supported by the insurance carried by the LSU AgCenter for AgCenter events. You can enroll as volunteer by completing an enrollment form online at http://lsuagenter.com/4henroll or downloading a volunteer enrollment form below.