WORK LOCATION: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Entry level professional position within LSU AgCenter Global Network with emphasis on management of international visiting scholar program and LSU College of Agriculture (CoA) international student opportunities. Looking for talented individual with strong organizational and communication skills and interest in international cooperation.
- Coordinate all aspects of Visiting Scholar Program (selection process, visas, budgets, logistics, administration, communication, work placement, cultural experiences, final presentation, etc.)
- Communicate with Departments, Faculty, Management about progress and outcomes
- Write job descriptions for visiting scholars in tandem with relevant faculty
- Manage all funding while adhering to LSU AgCenter rules and regulations
- Ensure visiting scholar well-being during program, including offering opportunities to cultivate ties with LSU CoA students
- Coordinate incoming international groups and visitors (itinerary, logistics, communication)
- Coordinate LSU CoA Study Abroad programs in cooperation with faculty and Academic Program Abroad
- Lead LSU CoA Global AgAmbassadors (student organization) and ensure its connectivity to visiting scholars
- Promote international opportunities to CoA students
- Coordinate with Global Network student workers and graduate assistants for assistance
- Gather and evaluate metrics and success stories
- Provide relevant information to LSU AgCenter Communications
- Manage deadlines, reports, databases of contacts
- Create and deliver presentations as needed
- Adhere to all relevant LSU and LSU AgCenter rules and regulations
- Assist to Global Network team in additional tasks as needed
- MS degree or 3 years of experience working with youth programs
- Time and deadline management at the highest level essential
- Strong Communication skills
- Must have ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, as well as multiple deadlines
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills necessary
- Advanced, pro-active project management approach.
- Team work approach needed
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive safely
- Foreign language a plus, preferably Spanish
- Some international travel required
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 24, 2021 or until suitable candidate is located.
DATE AVAILABLE: Upon completion of the selection process.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Must apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching cover letter with resume, transcripts, and contact information of three references.
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.