Work Location: Knapp Hall, LSU Campus, Baton Rouge, LA
Position Description: The LSU AgCenter IT Help Desk Manager is responsible for the end-to-end workflow management of on campus service requests and the supervision of the staff members handling those requests, which consists of both analysts and student workers. This individual also evaluates and executes new and existing procedures and processes designed to enhance customer service capabilities, identifies and recommends business solutions, and provides timely and effective communications and documentation, as well as escalation advancements as appropriate. The person occupying this position reports to the LSU AgCenter, Information Technology, Assistant Director (IT Support segment).
• Four-year bachelor’s degree awarded from an accredited university
• Minimum of five years of professional level experience in the field of information technology
• Minimum of two years of work experience that are supervisory in nature
• Fortitude to manage and participate in multiple projects of varying levels of urgency and complexity
• Ability to apply analytical methods, critical thinking, problem-solving techniques, and listening skills, in rapid-fire succession
• Ability to effectively communicate (in writing and verbally) with customers (and coworkers) of varying levels of technical expertise, as well as hugely diverse backgrounds
• Ability to quickly develop competencies (or at least find solutions to problems) with little to no training or oversight
• Have (or be willing to obtain) a cellphone with voice and data services for use involving business operations
• Have (or be willing to obtain) a valid Louisiana driver's license
• Possess the mindset that customer service and communication skills are just as important (and sometimes more so) as technical knowledge, for the individuals working the front lines of IT, as a representative of the entire unit, and the ability to instill this mindset in subordinates.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
Date Available: Upon completion of the selection process.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is identified.
Application Procedure: Apply online at LSU AgCenter Careers (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching resume, cover letter, official university transcripts, and two letters of reference. Paper, faxed, or e-mailed application materials will not be accepted, except that in lieu of attaching reference letters online, they may be sent directly to:
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.