Garlic, cumin, and lemon juice give a zesty flavor to this cold, blended vegetable soup. Cilantro added at the end leaves a refreshing pop of flavor.
Makes 4 servings and has 121 calories.
- 2 cucumbers (diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 3 red bell peppers (seeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 3 green peppers (seeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 4 celery stalks ( diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 2 tomatoes ( diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 1 onion ( medium, diced into ¼ inch pieces)
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups tomato juice, low-sodium
- 3 garlic cloves (fresh minced)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (ground)
- 1 cup cilantro (fresh chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper and lemons in a bowl
- Remove 2 cups of the mixture and reserve
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the remaining mixture in the bowl.
- Add 2 cups of reserved mixture to pureed mixture
- Season with salt, pepper and the juice of lemons
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve cold, garnished with chopped cilantro