Union Parish Clover Talk January 2021
4-H Senior Honor Cords
In an effort to recognize graduating 4-H seniors, the Louisiana 4-H Foundation sponsors the 4-H Honor Cord awards.
- Must be a graduating Senior.
- Must have been a 4-H member for 3 years.
- Must have participated in at least 1 state sponsored program within the last 3 years.
If you have any questions you can call Brandon Reeder @ 368-9935.
2021 4-H Honor Cord qualification information and application link.
Lego Building Contest
Due Friday, January 29, 2021. 8am-4:30pm
- Open to all 4-H members in grades 4th-12th
- You may create your own Lego design
- You must be able to carry your design yourself and it must be able to fit on half of a desk top. (nothing that is going to be needing a whole table or several tables) 11x14 max.
- Describe what you have built on the label.
- 1st-3rd places will be announced the following day.
- Add: Name, Grade, School, and description of design on an index card with your design.
the Winners of The Recycled Art Contest:
- 1st- Isabella Davis
- 2nd- Laney Broussard
- 3rd-Rance Broussard
4-H Draw a Dairy Billboard Contest
4-H Club members are to draw a billboard that encourages or promotes the consumption of milk and milk products and their importance for health.
- Division I- 4th,5th and 6th grades
- Division II-7th and 8th grades
- Division III- 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades
- Billboard design must be made on 22” x 28” regular poster board size only.
- Do Not Attach anything to the poster that is more than ½” thick.
- Do not use the commercial brand names of products on the poster. Do not use the jingles,slogans, signs or pictures that are trademark or copyright protected on poster.
- Be sure to print name, address, grade in school and parish on back of the poster in the upper right-hand corner. Please fill out the reporting form completely.
- A 4-H club member is allowed to win first place in each division Only Once.
Posters are due to Union Parish 4-H office by Monday, March 29,2021.
4-H Outdoor Grilling Workshop!
Date Has Not
Come join us for a new workshop with a local Grill Master on how to grill, grilling safety tips, and food safety! It will be open for all 4-H’ers in grades 4th-12th. Seating is limited so call and reserve your spot! Social distancing will be practiced and masks must be worn. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 318-368-9935.
Walk Their Way to Leadership!
Save the Date! 8th-12th grades can attend JLC
The same one day leadership event will be held March 11,2021 from 9:45a.m.-4:00p.m. in Shreveport.
Limited seating capacity! Event details will be released later this month!
If you have any questions about JLC, you can contact our office @ 318-368-9935.
The LSU AgCenter and LSU provide equal opportunities in programs and employment.
Should you need an ADA accommodation, please contact Brandon Reeder at 368-9935 no later than a month prior to event.