- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup margarine, cut up
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 cups frozen peaches, thawed, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, and flour.
- Cut margarine with pastry blender or fork until well blended and moist enough to form a ball.
- Add chopped walnuts.
- Toss undrained blueberries and peaches with sugar, flour, and spices. Pour in an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish. Scrape the bowl well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fresh fruit may be used “in season” when it is a good buy.
- Use frozen blackberries and peaches or peaches only as the filling.
Source: Easy Recipes Using Common Commodity Foods