1 ½ links Cajun smoked sausage, sliced
1 cup diced onion
½ cup diced bell pepper
½ cup diced celery
3 cloves minced garlic
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 ½ cups chicken stock
½ cup roux
1 12 ounce package frozen, sliced okra
¼ teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Cajun Seasoning – To Taste
- Brown sausage in electric pressure cooker on saute/browning setting for 3 minutes.Remove from pressure cooker and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and celery – saute for 3-5 minutes.Add in garlic and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add chicken to trinity mixture.Stir in chicken stock.
- When stock starts to boil, add roux.Stir well.
- Add okra, seasonings, and browned sausage.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and make sure knob is set to “sealing”.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes or put on “Soup/Stew” setting.
- When time is up, use a wooden spoon to move knob to “venting”.
- Open pressure cooker and stir well.Taste and adjust seasonings.Leave on warming setting with lid removed for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve over hot white rice.