(Event Coordinator - Youth Leadership Development)
Work Location: Department of 4-H Youth Development, LSU AgCenter, Baton Rouge, La with the flexibility of remote work on a limited number of days per week and prior approval by Department Head.
Job Description: As a staff member, the Extension Associate is responsible for providing leadership to managing statewide Louisiana 4-H Program events and trips including, but not limited to, 4-H University, 4-H Tailgate Party, Governor's Mansion Dinner, Southern Regional 4-H Teen Leadership Conference, and Junior Leadership Conference. Additionally, the position will coordinate 4-H youth leadership development programs which includes the writing and development of leadership resources and serving as an advisor to the Louisiana 4-H Executive Board.
As the Events Coordinator and Youth Leadership Development Specialist, a qualified applicant will need to possess the following proven qualities in each of the following areas:
• Ability to take a systems approach in designing, implement, and evaluating events that strategically positions the 4-H Youth Development Program for broader reach and enhanced engagement.
• Have a team focused work ethic and be willing to work with Extension colleagues, faculty, clientele groups, and others to design, implement and evaluate 4-H events and trips.
• Provide leadership, direction, and coordination among participants, staff, and volunteers during event program/production.
• Ability to prepare post-event analysis to assess opportunities and make recommendations for improving events and service to internal and external constituencies, and to implement recommendations as appropriate.
• Maintain state 4-H event policies and procedures to ensure consistency in management of all state events and in compliance with laws, and LSU AgCenter and 4-H policies.
• Be responsible for the development/coordination and distribution of event marketing information.
• Provide leadership for the development and implementation of youth leadership programs and opportunities at the club, parish, regional, and state levels.
• Serve as state coordinator of Louisiana 4-H Leadership Boards including application and selection process.
• Coordinator state-wide leadership board annual conference held in the summer.
• Serve as an advisor to the Louisiana 4-H Executive Board.
• Develop and support innovative professional development efforts, such as online and face-to face trainings to enhance both event participation and youth leadership programs/opportunities.
• Strive to seek and acquire external funding to support 4-H youth development programming efforts at all levels.
• Develop impact reports and media stories related to youth leadership in the Louisiana 4-H program.
The Extension Associate will perform other tasks that may be assigned by the department head, program leader, and/or the vice president and director of extension.
Qualification Requirements: An earned master's degree required from an accredited university in adult education, youth development, nonprofit administration/volunteer development, social sciences, leadership, human resource education, community development, education, or related field is required. Three years professional experience leading and coordinating Extension 4-H program, community-based program or outreach program is preferred.
A qualified candidate must also:
• Be able to demonstrate success in designing, implementing, and evaluating learning experiences in educational settings that reach and are accessible to a wide range of audiences.
• Have effective organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects.
• Have ability to develop and maintain systems for event management including fiscal management and record keeping.
• Have technological literacy including demonstrated skill with relevant software such as Microsoft Office, document layout, and some graphic design.
• Possess skills and knowledge in the marketing of an event and/or youth program.
• Have the ability to solve problems, work independently, and cooperatively with others.
• Possess outstanding customer service skills and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Have the ability to teach and communicate ideas effectively verbally, in writing, and through educational technology to youth, adults, and professionals.
• Have experience, or a strong desire for grant writing and establishing partnerships that leverage public and private funds in support of Extension's mission.
Conditions of Employment: Willingness to work weekends and hours outside of normal work schedule.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Current benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020 or until a suitable applicant is located.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching cover letter, resume, transcripts, and contact information for three references. Paper, faxed or emailed application materials will not be accepted, except that in lieu of attaching the recommendation letters online, they may be sent directly to:
Dr. Janet Fox, 4-H Department Head,
4-H Youth Development
169 Knapp Hall, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer