How Can I Become a Partner?
There are many ways in which you or your business can partner with Healthy Communities to make lasting change in Louisiana. Here are just a few:
- Join your local Healthy Communities Coalition or appoint a liaison to help make decisions about programming and projects in your community. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join or form a coalition today.
- Provide speaking opportunities or put us on the agenda at your next meeting. Contact us at email@example.com to schedule an appearance.
- Sponsor or host community events that promote health. Start a Play Street, host cooking classes, or plan a beautification project in your community!
- Become a Stock Healthy, Shop Healthy partner store. Improve your food retail business and expand healthy food access in your community by adopting strategies to increase and promote your healthy food offerings. Read the Stock Healthy, Shop Healthy Retailer Toolkit or contact Makenzie Miller to learn more.
- Display or distribute promotional materials. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials for your community like our handwashing poster or our bike & pedestrian safety flyers.
- Volunteer at community events hosted by Healthy Communities such as health fairs, cooking camps, beautification projects, and gardens.
- Become a WellSpot. Visit the WellSpot webpage to learn how you can promote healthy choices in your community by committing to smart changes.
- Publicly endorse Healthy Communities. Show that you or your business is committed to improving your community's healthy by issuing a public endorsement of Healthy Communities.
- Become a summer intern. High school seniors and college students in Madison, Tensas, East Carroll, and Terrebonne can apply for a 6-8 week summer internship to help enhance food pantries and summer feeding sites. Fill out the application here and email a completed copy to Jamila Freightman.
To join a partnership or to find out how else you can get involved, please contact us at (225) 578-8782 or email@example.com.