Opening avenues to expand youth horizons through their voice, image, and vision.
To establish and expand a Louisiana 4-H Shooting Sports Teen Ambassador Program that is replicable at the National, Regional, State and Parish levels, affording teens the opportunities to demonstrate their skills in leadership, citizenship and community service through ambassador activities that promote and encourage the 4-H Shooting Sports Program.
Purpose, Goals, Objectives
The 4-H Shooting Sports Ambassador program will provide a venue for 4-H Teens to:
- Represent 4-H and specifically 4-H Shooting Sports for public relations purposes at special events; at donor/supporter functions and with the general public, peer groups, 4-H groups, community service groups, schools and media contacts.
- Serve as spokespersons for the 4-H Shooting Sports program at their respective levels of participation – national, regional, state, parish - helping to make 4-H Shooting Sports programs more visible.
- Further develop their skills in leadership, public presentation, citizenship, community service, public relations and team building.
- Assist in maintaining relations with 4-H Faculty and Cooperative Extension Administrators as well as past, present and future program donors and supporters.
- Continue and expand their involvement in 4-H Shooting Sports beyond the shooting skills and competitive levels.
- Stay actively connected with the 4-H Shooting Sports program as they enter their collegiate years and further into adulthood.
- Must be 14 years of age but not over the age of 19 as of December 31of the current year.
- Must be currently enrolled in 4-H and currently participating in the 4-H Shooting Sports Program.
- Must be willing and able to take limited time off from school (3 – 5 days per school year)
- Must be willing to travel (Regional/State Matches, LOST Camp, etc).
- Must be willing and able to attend a minimum of 3 activities that the ambassadors are participating in.(List is below)
- Must be willing to conduct a parish or regional talk/activity to promote the Shooting Sports Program.
- Must be aware that a limited number of candidates will be selected for participation in the teen ambassador training & selection program.
- Ambassador terms shall be 2 years (Seniors 1 year).Initial terms may be staggered to allow for program continuity. Yearly evaluations will be administered on each candidate selected.
- 5 youth per region unless other regions don’t fill quota(5 regions) = 25 total
- 3 youth per parish can be selected
Louisiana Selection Process
- Meet the Louisiana / Regional Eligibility Requirements
- Complete the Louisiana 4-H Shooting Sports Teen Ambassador Application.
- The Louisiana 4-H Shooting Sports Teen Ambassador selection committee will interview candidates.
- Youth will also be evaluated on:
General knowledge of firearms, archery and the shooting sports program
Overall 4-H participation, leadership, community service
Shooting Sports Participation
Leadership & community involvement outside of 4-H
Activities Could Include but are Not Limited to Any of the Following:
- Board Meetings
- Regional/State Shooting Sports Competitions
- Shooting Sports Camps
Expenses: will be the responsibility of the ambassadors